Thursday, December 11, 2008

Around the World

I've been blogging here for about a year and a half now, trying to help young basketball athletes improve their health, fitness and performance.

Until this past week, however, I didn't know who was actually reading this blog.

Thanks to some technical assistance (Thanks, Jessica!) and a neat program called Sitemeter, I've recently discovered that this blog is not only getting hits from across the United States, but from across the world as well.

The picture above is a graphical representation of today's most recent visitors, including:

* Someone from Houston Texas (where I did my residency training) who read about ankle injuries.
* A person in Rochester, NY who wanted more information about plyometrics.
* A reader from Badalona Spain who was interested in learning more about mouthguard use.
* Someone who has (or knows someone) with patellofemoral syndrome from Bogota, Columbia.
* A Canadian who read about miserable malalignment syndrome.


When I first started this blog, I hoped it would at least help people across my home state of North Carolina. In fact, a little less than 2/3 (65%) of hits are coming from the United States. The rest come from Canada, the UK, South America, etc. It's opened my eyes about both the power of the internet as well as the international interest.

So please (por favor, 請, tevreden, παρακαλώ, svp, bitte, пожалуйста), wherever you play ball - jump on in and join the discussion! You've got friends here from around the world.

No comments: